Friday 4 November 2011

Thinking about life post surgery

I was eating my dinner at work tonight and thought how it would all change after surgery.  Only being able to eat small amounts of food and choosing what to eat very carefully.  Such small amounts and to eat protein first, Carbohydrates and fats will not be a sensible choice (perhaps that's a good thing, they contributed to where I am now)

I worry about watching my husband eat all this yummy (unhealthy) food and knowing I can't have it.  Will I still be able to go out to a cafe and enjoy a coffee and something to eat?

I only have told 2 friends from work about the OP and they are sworn to secrecy, Aaron has told 2 of our friends (couples), but I do worry about sharing this news with others.  People might think it's just me taking the 'easy' way out.

I know this surgery is just a 'tool', that it is still up to me to Exercise and control what I eat, but I think I'll get sick of explaining that to everyone.  I have no idea if my family will be supportive of me, but I don't really care.  If they don't have anything nice or supportive to say they will not be playing a huge part in my life while I go through this.  I need to surround myself with supportive people (like my handsome man *sigh*) and my friends.

I am such a worrier, I worry something will go wrong, that I won't lose as much weight as they expect, or that I'll regain it further down the track.  I cannot imagine what my body will look like in a smaller size.  I'm a 26/28/30 now and I did get down to a size 20 in 2000, but that was 11 years ago and I know I felt great, but I can't picture what my body looked like (guess that wouldn't really help either as that size 20 body was pre kids)  Will I have to rush out and buy new clothes as suddenly everything starts hanging off me or falling off me?  How quickly will others notice the weight loss, what if no one notices!

I hope all of these thoughts are normal when approaching surgery, I do wonder if I'm doing the right thing......

No comments:

Post a Comment